When the churchyard of St Martin’s Church became full Beatrice Mary, Countess of Portsmouth, donated a plot of land adjacent to the church grounds for use as a Parish Burial Ground in 1933.
It was further extended a some years later by another donation of a strip of land in 1987 by Basil de Ferranti.
Then in 2020 Marcus and Lucinda Rule donated a further strip of land. The photograph shows the enlarged burial ground.
It is maintained by the Ellisfield Volunteer Group (who also look after the Lower Common and Gravel Pits).
Interment is restricted to Ellisfield residents unless there are very special circumstances. There is also a Cremated Remains area.